A Roundup of Our Favorite things About Summer
Tomorrow is the first day of summer and we couldn’t be more excited. Though we’ve been unofficially celebrating the season since Memorial Day, tomorrow’s Summer solstice seals the deal. To help us all get into the swing of the season, we’ve rounded up 9 of our summer favorites– from swimsuits to sundresses. Check out our list and then let us know what you’d add to yours!
1. Summer Dresses: No matter what trends may come and go, you can never go wrong with an easy breezy dress during the hot summer days. I’ve got my eye on adding this frock from Free People to my seasonal wardrobe.
2. Rosés for Days: Maybe I’ve been to naive to it before, but this year feels like the Summer of Rosés. I’m pretty happy about the addition of a third varietal to my wine list and look forward to sampling all three featured in our Single Girl Budget Wines post.
3. Outdoor Everything: Ever notice how your favorite activities are even better when they’re held outdoors? Movies, concerts, dining– all better al fresco. One of my favorite summer time outdoors activities is going to the Santa Monica Pier Concerts. There’s nothing like hearing crashing waves from one side and live music from the other.
5. Rooftop Bars: Could anything be better than enjoying the warm summer weather from the likes of a rooftop bar? I think not. My favorite local spot to grab sunset cocktails is High Rooftop Lounge at Hotel Erwin in Venice.
6. Itsy Bitsy Bikinis: Love it or hate it, the bikini is a part of summer– might as well embrace it. I haven’t yet picked out a new suit but I think I’ll break out of my single solid colors habit with a fun print like Rasta Inspired one from Raisins.
7. Pink Pouts: About two years ago I was turned on to the idea of wearing lipstick. My favorite shades, hands down, are bright, bold pinks. I’m especially in love with the Candy and Fuchsia colors from Two Faced Melted liquified lipsticks line.
8. Bright Nails: I’ve never been one to stick with a French manicure. I much prefer bold hues and fun designs. Right now I’m obsessing over Essie’s Summer ’14 Haute in the Heat Collection and plan on rocking the shade of the same name all summer long.
9. Music Festivals: Every year the list of music festivals seems to grow longer and I’m on board with the trend. So far I’ve only ventured to Coachella but our girl Catherine is a big fan of Outside Lands.
I want to know what is on your summer favorites list. Comment below or tweet us @SingleDiariesXO!
Superbly Single, Jen