Show your sweetie some love with this skinnied-up version of a classic Valentine’s Day dessert
They say a the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. We say, why pack on the pudge to show your love? These Valentine’s day skinny mini chocolate pies are a lightened up version of a classic chocolate mousse dessert. With a few simple ingredient swaps we’ve made this treat something your sweetie and your scale and can feel good about. So go on and indulge and enjoy this Hallmark holiday guilt-free.
- 2-1/4 cups skim milk, divided
- 1/3 cup Truvia baking blend, divided
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened quality cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons egg substitute (equivalent of 1 egg)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Phyllo dough mini cups
- Strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 6 tablespoons egg substitute (equivalent of 2 eggs)
- 3 tablespoons Truvia baking blend
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tarter
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Fill a cupcake pan with the mini phyllo dough cups and set aside.
2. In a medium-sized saucepan add 1-1/2 cups milk, 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons Truvia and kosher salt. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
3. In a large bowl whisk together remaining Truvia, cocoa powder and flour. Add in remaining milk and mix till combined.
4. Slowly pour the warmed milk/Truvia mixture into the bowl and mix until combined. Add the mixture back to the saucepan and cook over medium heat until it thickens.
5. Whisk egg substitute in a small bowl. When it begins to froth slowly (while continually whisking) add in about 1 cup of the hot cocoa mixture. When completely combined, add that mixture back to the pan and set over medium heat.
6. Cook for about 2 minutes until thick, remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Pull of the heat and allow to cool while you prep the toppings.
- For the topping, whisk the egg substitute and cream of tarter in a bowl until the mixture turns white and fluffy.
- Add in the Truvia, salt, and vanilla and continue whisking vigorously until white peaks form into a light meringue.
- Add about 1/2 cup of the meringue mixture to your mousse. Reserve the remaining mixture for topping.
- Fill your mini phyllo cups with the chocolate mousse mixture.
- Top with a dab of the meringue and place under a high broiler for 5 minutes.
- Pull out of the oven and top with a strawberry. Serve up and enjoy!
Still looking for a great gift idea to go with this sweat treat? Check out our guide to creating the best Valetine’s Day git ever.
Happy Valentine’s Day!