Try these time-saving swaps for your weekly errands & save your Saturdays for the things you love.
A few years ago a friend of mine introduced me to the concept of outsourcing your life. The basic idea is to find ways to avoid having to do the things you hate in order to have more time to do the things you love. I thought this idea was absolutely brilliant and really took it to heart. Fast forward a few years and I’ve found a solution to get me out of nearly errand I’d rather not have on my to-do list. If this sounds like a good idea to you, read on to find the simple swaps I recommend you give a try!
- Wash.io: Don’t be a slave to your washer and dryer. There’s no need to wait around all day to switch clothes from one to the next and rush to get them folded before wrinkles set in. Wash.io will pickup and drop off your laundry and dry cleaning when and where you tell them to. Bonus! Use the promo-code jenniferjennifercj39 for $10 off your first Washio order.
- HomeJoy: I believe that many arguments between roommates can simply be avoided by hiring help to keep your apartment clean and tidy. It’s a small investment that will not only free up your time but will make your life overall a lot better. With Homejoy’s easy online booking system you can easily schedule regular appointments to have your place picked up. They’ll even bring the supplies!
- Amazon Fresh: If you live in Seattle or Los Angeles, I definitely recommend giving Amazon Fresh a try. Not only do they deliver groceries but they will also deliver you foods from local retailers like Santa Monica Seafood, and meals from local restaurants like Border Grill. Shipping is free with an annual membership ($300) so long as your orders are over $35. Place your order by 10am and have it by dinner, or by 10pm and have it by breakfast. Trust me, this is awesome. You also get an Amazon Prime membership when you buy into Amazon Fresh.
- InstaCart:No more fighting the crowded parking lots or figuring out how to get your enormous case of bottled water up the three flights of stairs to your apartment. Instacart sends someone shopping for you. You can order foods from Whole Foods, Costco, Ralphs, Bristol Farms, and Gelson’s and have them delivered to your door the same day. Bonus! Single Diaries readers get $10 off and free delivery with your first order. Join Instacart now and you could have free groceries on your doorstep before you get home from work!
- Drugstore.com/Beauty.com: These shared sites are hands down the best way to shop for your personal care, health, and grooming needs. You can find pretty much any brand and product you want, they tell you if a coupon is available, and you can automate reorders of your most used products.
- Charles Schwab: With Charles Schwab you’ll never need to step foot in a bank again. Their mobile app allows you to do all of your banking directly from your phone, including depositing checks. You can also set up automatic bill-pay, transfer money between accounts, and make investments all from their website. I’ve used this bank for years and absolutely love them.
What are your favorite time-saving tricks? Comment below to let us know or tweet us @SingleDiariesXO!