Start the year right with a month of fun and festivities!
New Year’s Day!
- For over a century, New Year’s day has been celebrated with the annual Tournament of Roses comprised of the Rose Bowl Game and Rose Parade. If you can make it to Pasadena, CA to see the action in person you’ll be in for a treat. Festivities start at 8:00 AM PST and can also be viewed live on NBC, ABC, and HGTV.
- If the holiday’s have left you a bit wiped, cozy up on the couch and take in the best of Netflix’s new releases. Today the complete Friends series (yep all 10 seasons) joins the lineup along with our all-time favorite chic flick, Mean Girls.
People’s Choice Awards
- Award season kicks off with the 41st annual People’s Choice Awards. This year’s ceremonies will be hosted by Anna Faris, our favorite house bunny, and Allison Janney of the West Wing. Watch the action live on CBS at 9/8 Central.
Golden Globe Awards
- Our favorite leading ladies are back at it again with this year’s Golden Globe Awards. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler will take the stage to host the 72nd event which celebrates the best in entertainment across film and TV. The show airs on NBC from 5:00-8:00 p.m. (PST)/8:00-11:00 p.m. (EST).
Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- More than just a day off work, MLK Day is a chance to remember and be grateful for the freedoms given to all of us by way of Dr. King’s great work. It also happens to create one of the most popular weekends for quick getaways. Check sites like Travelzoo to see what’s deal are near you.
A supermoon happens when the moon’s orbit brings it as close to earth as possible. For those of us looking on, this means the earth looks massive compared to its normal size. Quite a sight to see. In 2015 there will be 6 supermoons. Catch the 1st tonight at 5:15 AM PST/ 8:15 AM EST.
New York Times Travel Show
New Yorkers, beat the winter blues with a trip to the New York Times Travel Show. Over 501 exhibitors, 150 speakers, and 100 culinary presentations take place over the 3 day event. Swing by for a day and set your sights on warmer weather by booking a getaway with one of the on-site vendors.
For my L.A. girls, you won’t want to miss out on the winter addition of Dine L.A. The event kicks off January 19th and runs through February 3rd. The semi-annual foodie fest gives diners the chance to sample pre-fix menus at LA’s hottest restaurants all at prices we can actually afford.
What’s on your January calendar? Let us know below or tweet us @SingleDiariesXO